Friday 16 April 2010

Audience Feedback

Questionaire 1

Whether it conforms to your typical expectation of a horror film? And how/why?

Yes, the fading in and out of the picture with the heartbeat background made it seem tense which is what you expect from a horror film, a quick view of some of the possible suspects also made it seem like horror film.


If you would see the full film at the cinema/dvd if it where actualy released?

Yes i would proberly see it at the cinema


What worked and did not work in your opinion within the trailer?

In my opinion the overall trailer was good however the music ruined the tense atmosphere while watching. The heartbeat noise with the fading in and out picture worked very well as this is what I would usually expect from a horror film.

Any general comments about the film?

Overall i liked the film however the music did ruin the scene that was excellently built up. However The scene with the picture did recreate the atmosphere.


Questionaire 2

Whether it conforms to your typical expectation of a horror film? And how/why?

Yes and no the the typical expectation. The style of shot and the way in which you have edited is what is expected, yet the music is quite modern and something which I do not think you would find in a normal horror trailer.


If you would see the full film at the cinema/dvd if it where actualy released?

I'd probably watch it on youtube when it eventually got realeased, and if it was any good I'd buy it.


What worked and did not work in your opinion within the trailer?

The first bit was too long, but I liked how it flashed to black all the time. Could have been improved if you had flashed to another shot after each black out.


Any general comments about the film?

I would say that the music didn't fit in with the style of film, and using a more atmospheric soundtrack would have been better. Liked the way in which the shots were filmed, and the editing was clever as well..


Questionaire 3

Whether it conforms to your typical expectation of a horror film? And how/why?

I think it adheres to what I'd expect to see in a teen horror movie trailor, like films like Jennifers Body or something along those lines. This is mostly because of the music, being punk-rockish, and the trailor suggests themes of romance and rejection.

If you would see the full film at the cinema/dvd if it where actualy released?
I probably wouldn't go see it in the cinema, but I'd consider renting the dvd (aka ... See Morestreaming it online...).

What worked and did not work in your opinion within the trailer?

I think the editing you used worked really well, with the red lettering and the camera effects and stuff, it fits in well with the slasher genre. The only negative comment I would make it that it's all a bit vague, as the audience you get the general idea of what happens in the movie, and there isn't musch dialogue. But other than that it's really good!


Questionaire 4

Whether it conforms to your typical expectation of a horror film? And how/why?
It follows my expectation of a horror film. the good thing about the trailer is the flashing image and the distorted images of people being tied up etc. help meet my horror movie expectations.The teenage characters are also similar to those of modern horror films.

If you would see the full film at the cinema/dvd if it where actualy released?
Yeah probably, maybe wouldn't go out of my way to see it but because i'm in it... See More i'd be at the premiere :P haha

What worked and did not work in your opinion within the trailer?

I thought the whole trailer worked really well, the only reason it doesn't look proffesional is because of the quality of the cameras at the uni but other than that it looks proffesional. well edited, well shot, well acted. Especially the lad that gets dragged along the floor. I heard he got his bum out on set ;) lol

General comments? Keep up the good work!


General Comments On the Film


I think i would see the full film, i think it was more about the gore/psychological stuff rather than the actual scaryness as the trailer wasn;t very jumpy. I think the filming was great and looked really good, i also think the idea is good, however i think the music is too fast and upbeat for the trailer.
Overall i think you did a good job :D

I would proberly see the full film. It's not made by professionals but I liked it, I didn't really like the lack of people talking, but it worked
Good job

Mmmm,If there were more suspense, I might see the full film.

The actors and actresses need to be way more into it. I just wasn't feeling it at all. Also, use scarier music. The music in the background was more of a comfort than anything.

Is great, I think many people would see the full film.. that only problem is the music, a horror film or trailer has more scary music.

The first part, just with her walking, was a little too long. And I would have liked more dialogue/voiceover and less text.

No comments:

Post a Comment